Since January 2019, an electronic filing system has been introduced. All documents are downloaded online in your account on the official website until the day of registration at the Visa Application Center. Documents for a visa (including a British study visa) should be submitted to the British Visa Application Center. The presence of the applicant is mandatory with each new application for a visa, as fingerprints are submitted. Only children under 5 years of age do not pass biometrics, but their personal presence is also necessary, since they make photos for the visa on the spot. Children under 18 must be accompanied by one of the adults. For convenient supply, regional trade centers are located in the following regions:
- in St. Petersburg (for the Pskov, Arkhangelsk, Novgorod, Murmansk and Leningrad regions, as well as for the Karelian republic);
- in Yekaterinburg (for the Chelyabinsk, Sverdlovsk, Kurgan and Perm regions, as well as for the republics of Udmurtia and Bashkiria);
- in Rostov-on-Don and Novosibirsk.
Terms of consideration
The standard application procedure is up to 15 business days (short-term visa types) and 28 business days (for long-term visa types, which include the TIER4 student visa). The deadlines can be extended if necessary additional checks and at the request of the Consulate if necessary. There is an urgent review service (220 pounds), a decision is usually made within 3-5 business days.
(Child) student visitor visa
To take language courses (child) student visitor visa, which can be attended up to 6 months, you will need:
1. Passport with the signature of the owner and a photocopy of the Russian civil passport.
A foreign passport must contain at least one page that is blank on both sides and be valid for at least 3 months after the trip. If the applicant has 2 valid passports, they should be provided together.
2. Consular fee of 150 US dollars, payable online on the website of the Consulate after filling out the questionnaire.
3. If available, the old passport
4. If the applicant is not a citizen of the Russian Federation, then in addition he must provide evidence (basis) of permission to stay in the Russian Federation.
5. A registered letter from the educational institution, with information about the course, duration, payment, accommodation.
6. A copy of the diploma, certificate or certificate from the current school.
7. Statement from a personal bank account or from the account of one of the parents.
Such an extract should not be issued later than one month before submitting documents to the visa center. The recommended credit card balance is calculated according to the following formula: the amount for round-trip tickets + the amount for tuition, if it has not yet been paid + an amount equal to 40 pounds per day multiplied by the number of days spent in the UK. Also a prerequisite is the presence of bank details and seals of the bank and the original document.
8. Certificate from the applicant’s place of work or from the place of work of his parents.
On the letterhead of the organization must indicate the position, duration and level of salary. Also on the form should be an outgoing phone number and stamp. The recommended salary of parents should not be lower than 90 thousand rubles, unemployed students who are less than 18 years old must submit a sponsor certificate. The certificate from the place of work must indicate that for the time of departure and study in the UK the applicant retains his workplace and position.
9. Legal entities and individual entrepreneurs will need:
– certificate of business registration, which indicates the name of its owner;
– various documents that may indicate the number and volume of transactions;
– tax documentation for a period of at least 1 year.
10. Pensioners may need:
– bank statement with an amount of at least 90 thousand rubles;
– a copy of the pension certificate;
– a sponsor letter from the sponsoring party, if any, which indicates the degree of relationship and the reason for the sponsorship. Also, a photocopy of the document indicating the relationship, the sponsor’s certificate of employment, printed on the letterhead of the company and with a seal. The certificate must indicate the address of the place of work, position, salary and work phone number. There should also be an extract from the sponsor’s bank account, which reflects all transactions for the last 3 months. A copy of the sponsor’s passport must be attached.
11. Copy and original certificate of marital status.
If the applicant is divorced, widowed or married, then a certificate of marriage, divorce or death of the spouse must be provided.
12. For those students who are not yet 18 years old and who require a British study visa, they are required to present a birth certificate or an adoption document. It must contain the full name of the parent who provides the account statement and provides funding for the entire stay in the UK. If the names of the parents and children are different, the relevant documents are attached.
13. If someone applying for a UK study visa is sponsored by someone, then he must submit a sponsorship letter and passport scan from that person.
14. The consent of the parents or guardians (original and copy), notarized and translated into English, is required for the departure of a minor student applying for a visa to study in the UK.
– if the departure is unaccompanied, then there must be a notarized consent from both parents or all guardians;
– if the applicant is accompanied by one of the parents or guardians, then the notarized consent must be from the second;
– if the consent is a guardian, then you need to provide evidence that the guardian is legal;
– The notarized consent of both parents or guardians is required for the trustee who accompanies the student.
15. If there were any offenses or criminal convictions, then we need an official document on their presence and the verdict passed.
16. If the applicant has a land plot, real estate or securities, then copies of property certificates or a copy of the technical passport must be provided if the vehicle is owned.
Tier 4 child / general student visa
For Tier 4 child / general student visa academic courses that last from 6 months or more, you will need:
- Consular fee – 515 USD. The IHS fee (compulsory student insurance) is around 400-450 GBP for each student’s academic year. Insurance can be calculated online on the website of the Consulate.
IHS is a requirement by the British Border Service to oblige non-EU citizens to pay a health care fee so that they can have access to the National Health Service (NHS) in the UK.
- Foreign passport with the signature of the owner and a copy of the general passport.
The passport must contain one blank page and be valid for the duration of the trip.
3. If available – previous passport.
4. Green card, visa or temporary residence permit.
If the applicant is not a citizen of the Russian Federation, then he must be presented with a reason to be on its territory.
5. An invitation from a UK educational institution (CAS).
It should indicate an unconditional offer place with the name of the future student, his citizenship, passport number and sponsorship license of the UKBA Sponsorship License. The invitation must also include the address of the educational institution, the cost of living and tuition, the amount of payments received, the start and end dates of the course, and contact details. Without this document, a TIER 4 student visa to England is not issued.
6. All documents that can confirm the knowledge of the applicant, for example certificates of qualification, necessary knowledge or tests.
7. Certificate, diploma or other document confirming education, including an application with grades, if the student is currently studying.
8. Data on the reservation of an apartment, hotel, residence or family for the entire period of study.
9. A personal statement from the bank account or from the parent’s account.
From the moment you submit your documents to the Visa Application Center, your statement must not be older than 1 month, and the minimum balance on your account must be equal to the sum of round-trip tickets, the amount for the first year of study, an amount equal to 1265 pounds for London and 1015 pounds for all other cities in the UK times the number of months in the country. From this amount, you can deduct all payments that have already been made, confirmed by relevant documents.
The amount in the account must be at least 28 days before the request for statement. Bank statement, bank details, seals and signatures of officials must be present on the statement, otherwise the statement will not be accepted.
10. Certificate of employment of the applicant’s parents (in the case of tier 4 child visa – not required, but it is advisable to provide this certificate)
It should indicate the position from which moment the person works, and the amount of the monthly salary. The certificate must be printed on the company letterhead with the correct phone number and with a seal. The recommended personal or parental salary should be at least 150,000 rubles. A copy of the sponsor’s passport must be attached.
11. For businessmen and individual entrepreneurs who require a visa to study in the UK, the following documents may be required:
– certificate of registration of the company, which indicates the name of the owner;
– various documentation confirming the value of transactions and their volume;
– tax documentation and company accounts for a period of at least one year.
12. For retirees, you may need:
– pension certificate and its photocopy;
– bank statement with a minimum amount of 150,000 thousand;
– It is desirable to have a sponsorship letter from the person who will finance, indicating the degree of relationship and the reasons for the sponsorship. You also need a copy of a document that confirms the relationship, and a certificate from the workplace of the financier on the letterhead of his company with a seal, address and business phone number. The certificate also indicates the position, salary of at least 150,000 rubles. The sponsor will also need a bank statement, which shows the movement of funds over the past 3 months.
13. Certificate of marital status of the applicant.
If the applicant is married, divorced or widowed, then an appropriate certificate of divorce, civil marriage or the death of a spouse must be presented.
14. Birth certificate for students under the age of 18.
If the child was adopted, then an adoption document must be presented, which should contain information about the parent (guardian) who financed the trip and provided an extract from the bank.
15. If the applicant has a sponsor, then he needs to submit a sponsorship letter from the sponsor.
16. If a minor leaves the country, then a visa is given consent to leave from one of the parents or guardians, who is certified by a notary and has a translation into English.
Options for consent to leave:
– if traveling unaccompanied, then you need a certified letter from both parents or guardians;
– if accompanied by a proxy, then the consent of the parents or guardians is drawn up for him;
– if the consent is a guardian, then he must submit a certificate of legality of the guardianship.
17. A criminal record report that describes in detail all the offenses committed and the sentences handed down, if any.
18. Certificate of registration of any property (copy), which is executed on the applicant: land, real estate, securities. If the car is owned, a copy of its technical passport is required.
19. For children from 11 years of age, a certificate is required confirming the passage of a tuberculosis test.
Visiting the clinic is only necessary if accompanied by parents or guardians, who must have the amount to pay the fee and an identification document. If there is evidence of previous lung tests or tests for tuberculosis, they are also available.
If the leaving student is not yet 11 years old, then parents or guardians must fill out a questionnaire about his state of health only in an accredited clinic, after which, based on the data in the questionnaire, the doctor decides on the advisability of checking for tuberculosis. If, according to the doctor, there is no need for verification, then the child will be issued a certificate stating that the applicant did not need to undergo an examination. Such a document is issued for a fee at the established rates, and it is attached to the main package of documents.